A small Bible size map book with ‘then and now’ maps to help illustrate modern day Middle East cities and countries.
Then & Now Bible Maps is a full-color, fold-out reference tool contains 17 Bible maps that show biblical cities and countries in black and modern-day map boundaries in red. These bright colorful Bible maps are affordable and have large print. They cover the major biblical areas: Canaan, Assyria, Babylon, Egypt, Paul’s Journeys to Rome, and the land given to the 12 tribes of Israel. Fantastic for comparing places in the news with places in the Bible. Here are a few of the maps included in this incredible resource:
- The Middle East map during Bible Times and Today
- The Assyrian Empire, Babylonian Kingdoms and Persian Empire
- The Holy Land Map Then and Now
- Places of Jesus Ministry Then and Now
Teachers love the amazing Then & Now Bible Maps reference tool. Seventeen maps make the Bible more relevant and more meaningful by providing visual context. Show students where Persia is today and the places Paul s first missionary journey would take him if traveling the same route today. Help them understand the biblical geographic context of the places they hear in the news every day.
Then & Now Bible Maps pamphlet makes it easy to compare Bible times with modern times. On each of the 17 maps, modern-day cities and countries appear in red type or red underline if the name has remained the same. The maps provide helpful historic information. For example: <ul type=”disc”>
- The Holy Land: Then (1300 BC Twelve Tribes) and Now (modern times) uses color coding to show Canaan divided by the Twelve Tribes, and also shows the historical and modern-day names of cities within the regions occupied by the Twelve Tribes
- Paul s Journeys: Then (AD 47-62) and Now (modern times) show one of the Seven Churches of Asia (Rev. 1-3), cities, towns, ancient ruins, mountains, modern capital cities and a key for measuring the distance traveled from city to city
- Empires & Kingdoms: Then and Now shows the changing boundaries of the Assyrian Empire, Babylonian Kingdom, and Persian Empire
Size: 8.5″x 5.5″ unfolds to 38″ long. Fits inside most Bible covers.